FarmBot is made of many different parts that all serve different purposes. Some parts are made of plastic, while others are made of metal. Depending on where the part is used and what functions it must provide will determine which material the part is made of.
The lessons in this category are all related to the materials of the FarmBot parts. Some questions your students will be able to answer after completing these lessons include:
- Which materials are used for each part, and why?
- Which parts, if any, would rust if they got wet?
- What is the strength of the aluminum extrusions?
- How could the weight of a new part design be determined before building it?
Additionally, students will gain competency in the materials selection aspect of designing and building products:
- Should a part be made of aluminum, plastic, or something else?
- How do the material choices affect cost?
- What will the carbon footprint be?
- Will the product be strong enough?
|Materials in FarmBot||3-10||Slides|
|What is an SDS?||5-9||Slides